Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 6



Amazing friends giving the two pregnant gals hand and foot massages!!


Its interesting where life takes us. Life has never taken me to hospital...up until now. And now in its (recently) typically dramatic fashion, life has lead me to take up residence in hospital for at least 6 weeks. Since one of the challenges I face on a daily basis is to come up with ways to consume my time, I have decided to resort back to blogging as one thing to occupy myself with. Thank God for computers. I don't care about having to spend a bit of money to pay for the internet. I don't care that I am relying (probably too much) on being connected to the world through a computer. I am using anything I can...Facebook, emails, pinterest, online Christmas shopping, books, trashy magazines, my cousins hard-drive which contains almost 100 movies, journalling, texting, walking round the ward etc etc. Its funny the things that I would usually be monitoring more just goes flying out the window when my priority is just about getting through each day.

Family and friends have been so amazingly supportive. An appreciation for my loved ones has deepened so significantly through realising its the people connections that keep my head afloat. Having visitors come and go keep me sane. My husband is my rock and his strength, support and love never ceases to amaze me. Its in these hard times that one's character shines forth. I have to pinch myself sometimes because I can't believe I got to marry such an incredible man. My Mum and Dad will keep reminding me that all of this will be worth it when I am holding my baby boy. Each visitor brings their own gift by simply coming - a reminder that I haven't been forgotten, that people are walking alongside me through this rough journey. I can look out of my hospital room window and feel so isolated and wonder what everyone is up to out there in the big wide world. This can produce such a loss of perspective. I need reminding of the truth. We all need to be reminded of the truth. That's why I know the Lord describes the church as a body, because we all need each other to function at our fullest. Its often in the hard times that this becomes clearer.

These blogs are probably going to be a bit of a ramble at times since I'm really just wanting an outlet to express my thoughts. Since I began reading a book called One Thousand Gifts, I have been making more of an effort to be thankful. It seems the further I get through the book the more resistance I face in being thankful. Its like the temptation is to allow my circumstances to snuff out any ounce of thankfulness. I think I will start jotting down the things I am thankful - I wonder if I can get to a 1000 before I get out of this hospital?

1 - being in NZ as opposed to the States to receive free medical care
2 - Charlie and I are both healthy and safe
3 - I have a window bed with a view of the park
4 - I have a computer and internet
5 - I have the Lord
6 - a loving husband :)
7 - visiting friends who give me hand and foot massages!!!!


Dinner time now. I have a pile of pale mash awaiting me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh LIV!!! I am so sorry and at the same time what a great opportunity this will be! I bet some of the things God will teach and show you in this season will be treasures you carry with you forever! TO be forced to sit and intentionally prepare your heart and mind for you and the baby, wow, while not fun! Charlie is so lucky to have a mum who will actually be preparing this time for his life to come with prayer and sacrifice. ITs almost like your time there is a fast from life, a sacrifice you are making to help prepare a way for another life! I bet God will give you great words and prayers for Charlie's life! and you and Cody's and your families. You will probably have the most amazing prayer journal when you leave there!

    If you want an idea for something to fill your time one thought I want to try to do and I bet you could do so much better is to go through the psalms and and illustrate it. I kind of have started over these last couple of months just drawing out some of the pictures I see and the images they put in my mind, some literal and some figurative. But how much more fun to read through the psalms coming alive in pictures or photgraphs or little things that show what they are about beyond words. SO if you want another random idea to add to the many I am sure you have there is one :-) Anyway I am sorry you are stuck there but Glad God has given you a view and the internet!!

    Blessings!!
    LOVE CRYSTAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv, I don't know why you're in the hospital but I'll be praying for you - for the baby and the loneliness. I'm with you on the loneliness... I'm not trapped in the hospital but I'm in a new country and really missing my community. Also, I just started 1,000 gift this week! I've only read one chapter but I'm looking forward to more. Keep us posted on how you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your blog. Sorry that your hospital stay has already begun but super excited to hear about the daily blessings that God promises to bring no matter what our circumstances are. And in six weeks I look forward to meeting your little man Charlie! :)

    So thankful you have Cody, your family and friends to love on you and support you!

    ReplyDelete