Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My first half-marathon

Cody and I ran the Mt Lyford Lodge to Lodge half-marathon on the 26th of October.  It was great to have a goal and achieve it.  The scenery was beautiful, although sadly I was in my own world for most of the run desperately trying to focus on making it to the end so I wasn't paying too much attention to this aspect. We were lucky to have some supporters too! Thanks Mum, James, Betsy and Haddy for cheering us on!!!

Here are some pics:



 On our way


 before the race


 half way!!!



 "Hi James!"


 slight deviation to give my boy a big sweaty smooch


the scrumptious Hadassah

Betsy with the double cousins 

 shot taken from the car (at this pointed I wanted dive through the car window)


what a cool cat


 nearing the finish line!




 mid-run shots are particularly funny!


 our support crew


And done!  The closest thing I could find to a 'post-run' shot (don't know where Cody is, maybe taking the shot??)


Time for food!


It was a fun day.  Not sure if I will do another, but I'm glad I did it.  Running can become a bit of a chore when you have to do it.  That's just my opinion at this point....it may change!


No comments:

Post a Comment